Sunday, December 7, 2008

Poor Me...

I don't know if it's because of the cold weather or the holidays or what, but I've been in some kind of funk lately. I've been walking around in a big black cloud, a permanent scowl on my face, heart heavy, tears almost always at the brink of forming.

I'm being a big baby, of course. I have no right to complain about anything, because the truth is, I have a good life. Like a really, REALLY good life. Especially compared to the thousands of people all over the country right now who are losing their jobs, their homes and even their families.

But no matter how much I try to put things into perspective, I'm still in the funk. And I can't seem to get out of it.

So I need to write about it.

There are many things for which I have pity on myself, but in keeping with the theme of this blog, I will list here only my love-related gripes.

Just a warning: I'm really baring my soul here. Read at your own risk...

1. I'm sad that I could have been married right now, if Paris hadn't gone and been an idiot.
2. I'm sad that all of the dates I've gone on lately have been fun, yes, but they all leave me feeling like something's missing.
3. I'm sad that I'm still a single mom. I thought I'd have help by now but I don't, and I'm exhausted.
4. I'm sad that this is my first Christmas having divorced parents.
5. I'm sad that it seems everywhere I go, I see couples who are happy and lovey and kissy and huggy...

There. I let it out.

I know that I need to stop reflecting on these things and instead just live my life. But that's easier said than done. I know I'll be fine, though. This isn't the first funk I've been in, and historically it doesn't take me long to recover.

But for now, the funk ain't fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read you blog and hugs are coming your way!!
If it is any consolation, your feelings are very valid and very common this time of year. It would help if the sun would shine more days than not!! Better days are coming for both of us.