Thursday, September 25, 2008

Things You Love

Thanks to the whole TWO PEOPLE who participated in my first-ever "contest." I'm glad to know I have such an abundance of participatory readers. But for all I know, these two commenters are the only ones reading this silly blog, so I guess I can't complain.

Whatever the case, they each listed multiple things they love, so it was still a somewhat difficult decision. I had a hard time deciding whether or not to judge based on relatability or creativity. I decided on the former but will still give credit for the latter.

So here are the winners...

3rd place: From lindsay, "Picking/popping anything pickable/popable. Gross, I know." It is gross, Lindsay, but we all agree that this is a disturbingly satisfying activity. I was actually going to put this on my list but I changed my mind because I didn't want to sound disgusting. Thank you for doing the dirty work for me.

2nd place: Again, from lindsay, "Changing into my lounging clothes." This is one of the first things I do when I get home from work. After a long day at the office, it is sooooooo therapeutic.

And the first-place winner is...

From I'm Cas., "I time laundry perfectly and the sheets come out clean, dry and warm right before I need to put sheets on and go to bed." This is so right-on, so something I would do. In fact, I'm really mad at myself for not thinking of it when making my own list. I wish I could crawl into a bed of warm sheets right now, but that would mean doing laundry at 11:23 p.m., which means it'd be 1:00 a.m. before I could even go to bed. And my bed is already mad at me that I'm not in it right now. It's all, "Suck it up, dude, you need me. So you're gonna take me cold or you're not gonna take me at all!" And I'm like "Hey, look, don't yell at me, aiiight? This was all I'm Cas.'s fault for putting such a crazy idea in my head. Maybe if some MORE PEOPLE had participated in my CONTEST, I would be content with my cold sheets, okay?"

Ahem.

I would also like to give I'm Cas. honorable mention for using the phrase "Carbohydrate Wonderland" in one of her other items. Sounds like a place I need to visit.

I should also probably visit my bed before it starts swingin'. Good Night!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about me, I'm a regular and thanks to Twitter and your commitment to posting updates on there, I read every time you post something new. I only comment when I have something worthwhile, insightful, or downright silly.

Been a bad few days, but if you are still taking entries, I could probably come up with a few...you could consider them disqualified entries =)

I'm Cas. said...

I apologize for making your bed angry, but I'm happy that I won. :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I'm just catching up on blog reading here- so sorry to miss a contest! I did have a baby, tho- hope that counts! And that is definitely something I love...

Steph