Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chris Farley would've been so disappointed

Today was the first real day that I could participate in the third-week assignment of SME. This is because on Monday and Tuesday, I did nothing but go to work and then come home. I bet you're wondering how I could possibly be single with such an active social life.

But today I went to the gym. All kinds of options at the gym, ladies, is all I'm sayin'. If you're not motivated to exercise by the idea of losing weight or anything like that, perhaps a little eye candy will kick you into gear. IT'S WORTH A SHOT.

So anyway... SME. Today's opportunity presented itself quite easily, actually, because the guy looked at me first and smiled! Made. My. Day. But then I was like, oh yeah, I need to say something to him! And I was THIS CLOSE to saying "Which way to the weight room?" like I joked about in an earlier post. (Side Note: It's starting to freak me out a little that I'll say something on this blog and then later it kind of comes true. So please take note that I am sarcastically joking that I'll win a million dollars and a villa in Italy.)

Back to the guy at the gym. I panicked a little and therefore opted for the oh-so-safe "Do you know where I can get a towel?" He pointed his muscular arm in the direction of the front desk, I thanked him, flashed him another smile, and well, that's about it. I walked away hitting myself for not asking the whereabouts of the weight room after all.

Any other Scarcity Myth experimenters out there? I want to know if it's been as much of a whopping success for you as it's been for me. Holla back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was an interesting statement: The fictional 18th century heroine, Moll Flanders, recognized that a high self-regard can be dangerous, arguing that women who believe themselves beautiful are easier to seduce: “If a young woman once thinks herself handsome, she never doubts the truth of any man that tells her he is in love with her; for she believes herself charming enough to captivate him, ’tis natural to expect the effects of it.”

Anonymous said...

Although I am a married and pregnant ole' lady....I still have some advice. I remember, from back in my days that....Men find self-confidence in women a MAJOR turn on. So, having the confidence to say hello, ask a question and smile emulates remarkable self-confidence....

Juliet Seeks said...

Okay, based on the two comments above, I am now officially confused. Am I too self-confident or not enough?

Anonymous said...

Neither....Just try to emulate self confidence and men will notice.