Thursday, October 30, 2008

I wonder how many receptors Marilyn Monroe has...

So, I feel terrible because the other day I promised some good laughs in one of this week's posts, and I have yet to deliver on that promise. (Unless, of course, you laughed out loud to one of my other posts this week, in which case you are my favorite reader.) The problem is, I'm having some technical difficulties with the humorous post that I originally planned. So now you'll have to wait another week, which is totally anti-climactic, and now when I do publish the post, you'll be all, "That was it? I had to wait a week and a half for THAT?" So, just forget I ever said anything and that way when I do publish the post that I consider to be hilarious, you will regard it with equal hilarity.

I'm very tired tonight. I'm writing this post later than I normally do because it's the night before Halloween and I have a five-year-old. You do the math. Also, I'm going to a Halloween party tomorrow night dressed as Marilyn Monroe, for some crazy reason. And that means a full-service grooming session is in order. Why did I decide to go as one of the most iconic women of all time, again? Oh yeah, it's because I didn't want to be a slutty pirate, nurse, witch, barmaid... you name it, they're all slutty. Some of you may argue that Marilyn Monroe is no Puritan herself, and you would be right. But the costume I chose makes me look like a nun compared to some of those other ones. But I will save that rant for another time.

My point is, tonight is not the night for me to dig into the philosophical recesses of my brain to find a topic worth discussing. Instead, I will leave you with this:

This morning on a radio show I heard that women have 32 to 34 emotional receptors in their brains. Guess how many emotional receptors men have? 2 to 4.

Men, now you know why we women are such lunatics. And women, now you know why men are such buffoons.

Good night.

Oh, and Happy Halloween.

Don't dress slutty.

Good night for reals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...great point...I have never understood why women think that Halloween is a time to dress up all slutty...maybe it is their inner self coming out for the night and trying something new?

I'm Cas. said...

My favorite costume so far:
The $700 billion bailout plan.
She was wearing a business skirt-suit, heels and a life vest and carrying around a pail full of fake money, miniature houses and toy cars.

Anonymous said...

I think Marilyn Monroe is definitely a less slutty option! It's a classic Halloween costume. Please post pictures, and tell us more about this emotional receptors business.

Anonymous said...

I went as michael phelps for Halloween. I wore black running tights, fake medals, and an open bath robe.

A 60 year old co-worker of one of my friends, who had been drinking at another party, ran her hand down my bare chest and stomach.

I'm a man-slut that attracts old women. Gross.